The job market has changed quite a bit over the last 10 years and companies are striving to hire the best possible resources. They’ve come up with a huge arsenal of innovative interview tactics to gauge the mettle of Job Candidates. One of the most common interview tactics is slipping in a weird question to throw the candidate off guard.
Here are 10 questions that have been asked by some of the top companies in the world.
1) What songs best describe your work ethic? –Dell
2) On a scale from 1 to 10, rate me as an interviewer. – Kraft Foods
3) Can you say: ’Peter Pepper Picked a Pickled Pepper’ and cross-sell a washing machine at the same time?– MasterCard
4) What superhero would you be and would you dress up at work given the chance? –Zappos
5) Jeff Bezos walks into your office and says you can have a million dollars to launch your best entrepreneurial idea. What is it? – Amazon
6) What’s your favourite song? Perform it for us now – LivingSocial
7) What would you do if you found out that your closest friend at work was stealing? – Amazon
8) What kitchen utensil would you be? – Bandwith.com
9) Tell the story of the last time you had to apologize to someone – Amazon
10) If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us? – Trader Joe’s